ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 199

Brick Store (Covington, Georgia)

Brick Store is a historic building in Covington, Georgia. It was built in 1821 and served as a focus point for the community, also known as Sun Up, Georgia, Mt. Pleasent, Georgia or Brick Store, Georgia. It has been a general store, stage coach s ...

Old Stone Warehouse (Rochester, New York)

The Old Stone Warehouse in Rochester, New York is a historic warehouse building. It was built in 1822 and is a four-story, trapezoidal building with six story addition built of Medina sandstone. It was built by Myron Holley and was located on the ...

Smithfield Exchange Bank

The Smithfield Exchange Bank, built in 1822, is located on Putnam Pike in the Greenville area of Smithfield, Rhode Island.

Joshua Reed Giddings Law Office

The Joshua Reed Giddings Law Office is a historic commercial building at 102 East Jefferson Street in Jefferson, Ohio. Built in 1823, it was the law office of Joshua Reed Giddings, a prominent abolitionist who served as a US Representative from 1 ...

Larzelere Tavern

Larzelere Tavern is a historic inn and tavern located two miles north of Branchport in Yates County, New York. It is a large, 2-story, three-bay-wide, four-bay-deep, rectangular gable-roofed main block with a ​ 1 ⁄ 2 -story, gable-roofed side win ...

Prattsville Commercial Building

The Prattsville Commercial Building is a historic commercial building located at Prattsville in Greene County, New York. It was built about 1824 and is a ​ 1 ⁄ 2 -story building constructed of massive hemlock timber frame on a dry laid fieldstone ...

Halliock Inn

Halliock Inn is a historic inn and tavern located at Village of the Branch in Suffolk County, New York. It is composed of two main sections: the ​ 2 1 ⁄ 2 -story portion and a ​ 1 ⁄ 2 -story wing to form an "L" shaped building. It dates to the 18 ...

Julien Hall (Boston)

Julien Hall was a building in Boston, Massachusetts, on the corner of Congress Street and Milk Street. It flourished 1825-1843, housing a variety of public events such as lectures by Red Jacket, William Lloyd Garrison, temperance meetings, politi ...

La Farge Land Office

La Farge Land Office, also known as Orleans Hotel, is a historic commercial building located at Orleans in Jefferson County, New York. It was built about 1825 and is a 2-story, five-by-three-bay, side-gabled limestone building in the Federal styl ...

Walkerton (Glen Allen, Virginia)

Walkerton Tavern was built in 1825. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. In 1984 the listing included five contributing buildings and one contributing site. The tavern is owned by the government of the County of Henr ...

Merrimack County Bank

The Merrimack County Bank building is a historic commercial building at 214 North Main Street in Concord, New Hampshire. The three story brick Federal style building was built in 1826 to house the offices of the Merrimack County Bank on the first ...

Globe Hotel (McDonough, Georgia)

Globe Hotel in McDonough, Georgia, USA, also known as Dunn House, was built in 1827 and expanded in the late 1800s. It is a two-story frame building. In the 1930s, the building was moved about one block from its original location facing the court ...

Kagerise Store and House

Kagerise Store and House, also known as the Hartings Store, is a historic commercial building and residence located at Adamstown in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The original section was built in 1827, with later additions between 1850 and 1870 ...

Brick Tavern Stand

Brick Tavern Stand, also known as Clawson House, is a historic inn and tavern located at Montour Falls in Schuyler County, New York. It was built in 1828 and is a two-story, five bay Federal style brick structure featuring a recessed entrance. Bu ...

Walton and Willett Stone Store

Walton and Willett Stone Store, also known as Cahills Fish Market, is a historic commercial building located at Oswego in Oswego County, New York. It is a three and four story, limestone structure with a distinctive stepped gable roof on the bank ...

Valleau Tavern

Valleau Tavern is a historic tavern located at Cochecton in Sullivan County, New York. It was built in 1829 and is a three-story vernacular building of the Federal period with a gable roof. It is clapboard sided of post and beam construction and ...

Abbott–Holloway Farm

The Abbott–Holloway Farm contains a couple of the few early structures still standing in Bethlehem, Indiana, located in the extreme northeast section of Clark County, Indiana. It overlooks the Ohio River. Lands in the Abbott–Holloway farm was the ...

Acker and Evans Law Office

Acker and Evans Law Office is a historic office building located at Ogdensburg in St. Lawrence County, New York. It is a rectangular Greek Revival style structure with a facade of smooth-faced, locally quarried white marble. It was built about 18 ...

Baird Law Office

The Baird Law Office in Green Bay, Wisconsin was built in the 1830s in Greek Revival style, which was then popular as one of Americas first architectural styles that explicitly rejected British practices. The small one-story building measures jus ...

Batavia Club

The Batavia Club building, built originally as the Bank of Genesee, is on the corner of East Main and Bank streets in Batavia, New York, United States. It is a brick Federal style building from the 1830s, one of the few remaining examples in New ...

Boyd Tavern (Albemarle County, Virginia)

Boyd Tavern, also known as Old Boyd Tavern, Watsons Ordinary, and Shepherds Inn, is a historic tavern located in Boyd Tavern, Albemarle County, Virginia. It was built about 1831, and is a two-story, two-over-two, three bay double pile frame struc ...

Anson Brown Building

The Anson Brown Building is the oldest extant commercial building in Ann Arbor, Michigan. It was erected in 1832 by developer Anson Brown in the Lower Town area at 1001 Broadway St. as a general store. It is located at the intersection of Swift a ...

Cutlers Hall

Cutlers Hall is a Grade II* listed building in Sheffield, England, that is the headquarters of the Company of Cutlers in Hallamshire. It is located on Church Street, opposite Sheffield Cathedral, in Sheffield City Centre.

Eliot Hall

Eliot Hall is a historic building at 7A Eliot Street in Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts, a neighborhood of Boston. It is sometimes referred to as "The Footlight Club," after "Americas oldest community theatre," which owns and operates out of the bui ...

John OFerrell Store

John OFerrell Store, also known as "Olde Store", is a historic general store located at Mongo, Springfield Township, LaGrange County, Indiana. It was built in 1832, and is a two-story, Greek Revival style frame building, with later 19th century a ...

Dr. Uriel S. Wright Office

Dr. Uriel S. Wright Office is a historic doctors office located at Fayette, Howard County, Missouri. It was built between 1828 and 1832, and is a small two-story, Federal style brick building. The building measures 19 feet square and features dec ...

Chemung Canal Bank Building

The Chemung Canal Bank Building is located at 415 East Water Street in Elmira, Chemung County, New York, United States. It is thought to be the oldest commercial building in Elmira. The Chemung Canal opened in 1832 and construction on the bank bu ...

Daniel Brooke Building

Daniel Brooke Building is a 19th-century Georgian building in Toronto, Ontario, Canada located at Jarvis Street and King Street. The building is one of the last remaining buildings of the old Town of York. Built in 1833 for owners Daniel Brooke a ...

Elkhorn Tavern

Elkhorn Tavern is a two-story, wood-frame structure that served as a physical center for the American Civil War Battle of Pea Ridge, also known as the Battle of Elkhorn Tavern, which was fought on March 7 and March 8, 1862, approximately five mil ...

Herkimer County Trust Company Building

Herkimer County Trust Company Building is a historic bank building located at Little Falls, New York in Herkimer County, New York. It was built in 1833 and is a three-by-two-bay rectangular structure built of cut stone and broken range masonry. I ...

Hungerford Market

Hungerford Market was a produce market in London, at Charing Cross on the Strand. It existed in two different buildings on the same site, the first built in 1682, the second in 1832. The market was first built on the site of Hungerford House, nex ...

Nu Wray Inn

The Nu Wray Inn is an historic hotel located at Burnsville, Yancey County, North Carolina. It was built in 1833 at the time Yancey County was formed and a year before Burnsville was established. It was originally built of logs and had eight bedro ...

William Everhart Buildings

William Everhart Buildings, also known as the Everhart-Lincoln Building, is a historic commercial building located in West Chester, Chester County, Pennsylvania. It was built by Congressman William Everhart about 1833, and is a three-story, three ...

Corn Exchange, Bridgwater

The Corn Exchange and market house in Bridgwater, Somerset, England was built in 1834 by John Bowen and extended in 1875, by Charles Knowles. It has been designated as a Grade I listed building. The original market hall, built in 1791, opens onto ...

Farmers and Manufacturers Bank

The Farmers and Manufacturers Bank building is located at the corner of Market and Cannon Streets in downtown Poughkeepsie, New York, United States, near the Bardavon and across from the Dutchess County Court House and Old Poughkeepsie YMCA. It i ...

J. Huston Tavern

J. Huston Tavern, also known as the Arrow Rock Tavern and The Old Tavern, is a historic tavern building located at Arrow Rock, Saline County, Missouri. It was built in 1834 by Judge Joseph Huston, and is a 2 1/2-story, Federal style brick buildin ...

Lohmans Landing Building

Lohmans Landing Building, also known as Jefferson Landing Building, is a historic commercial building located in Jefferson Landing State Historic Site at Jefferson City, Cole County, Missouri. It was built about 1834, and is a 3 1/2-story, rectan ...

Astor Historic District

The Astor Historic District is made up of what was once the Town of Astor, founded in 1835 by John Jacob Astor. In 1838, the Town of Astor and the Town of Navarino merged to form what is now the City of Green Bay.

Citizens and Southern National Bank of South Carolina

Citizens and Southern National Bank of South Carolina is a building on 50 Broad St., Charleston, South Carolina. It was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1971.

Edom Store and Post Office

Edom Store and Post Office, also known as John Chrisman Store and Myers and Company, is a historic store and post office located at Edom, Rockingham County, Virginia. It was built about 1835, and is a two-story, brick commercial building. It feat ...

Felt Cobblestone General Store

Felt Cobblestone General Store is a historic general store located at the hamlet of East Victor in Victor in Ontario County, New York. It was constructed about 1835 and is a two-story, three bay cobblestone structure in the late Federal / early G ...

Market House (Oswego, New York)

Market House, also known as The Market Hall and The D.L.& W. Hall, is a historic market building located at Oswego in Oswego County, New York. It was built in 1835 and is a massive brick and stone structure overlooking the Oswego River. The struc ...

Clarendon Stone Store

The Clarendon Stone Store, also known as the Old Stone Store or the Copeland Store, is an historic commercial building listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Located in the hamlet of Clarendon, in the town of Clarendon, New York, the ...

Coley Building

The Coley Building was a historic two-story commercial building in Mobile, Alabama, United States. It began as a one-story Federal style masonry structure in 1836. It was the last 19th century building to survive on its city block. The block, sit ...

Colonial Theatre (Harrisburg, Pennsylvania)

Colonial Theatre, also known as the Lochiel Hotel, is a historic theater and commercial building located at Harrisburg, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania. The building consists of a five-story, brick and frame front section and a rear brick and frame ...

Governors Inn

Governors Inn is a historic inn at Maumee, Ohio, United States. Also known as the "Old Plantation Inn", it was built in 1836 and was used for a time as a post office. Renamed the "Commercial Building," it is now home to a whisky bar. In 1974, the ...

Cobblestone Inn

The Cobblestone Inn is located along Ridge Road in Oak-Orchard-on-the-Ridge, an unincorporated hamlet in the Town of Ridgeway, New York, United States. It is a cobblestone building dating to the 1830s. During its construction it was the stagecoac ...

Howland Cobblestone Store

The Howland Cobblestone Store, also known as the Howland Stone Store Museum, is an early 19th-century store significant for its unusual cobblestone architecture. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1994. At the time of its ...

Neff Tavern Smokehouse

The Neff Tavern Smokehouse is a historic smokehouse located on the old Santa Fe Trail northeast of Napton, Saline County, Missouri. It is off Interstate 70 and 6 miles west of Arrow Rock, Missouri. Missouri pioneer Isaac Neff was born in Tennesse ...

Old Bank of Louisville

The Old Bank of Louisville is a National Historic Landmark in Louisville, Kentucky. Completed in 1837, it was made of brick and limestone. Of United States small-scale commercial architecture, it is considered one of the most sophisticated. The n ...