ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 3

Pencarrow

Pencarrow is a Grade II*-listed country house in the civil parish of Egloshayle, in north Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It is situated three miles east-southeast of Wadebridge and three miles north-northwest of Bodmin.

Pengersick Castle

Pengersick Castle is a fortified Manor House located between the villages of Germoe and Praa Sands in Cornwall, England. The tower house, which is in the parish of Breage, is a Grade I listed building. Parts of the building date from the early 16 ...

Penrose Methodist Chapel

Penrose Methodist Chapel is a redundant Methodist chapel approximately 1.5 miles west of the hamlet of St Ervan in Cornwall, England. It is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade II* listed building, and is under ...

St Marys Church, Penzance

The site as a place of worship dates from at least the fourteenth century, but was a chapel to the parish of Madron and first licensed in 1321. The chapel was spared during the Spanish raid in August 1595 because Mass had been celebrated, previou ...

St Pirans Church, Perranarworthal

St Pirans Church is an active Anglican parish church in Perranarworthal, Cornwall, England. It is part of a united benefice consisting of eight churches, the Eight Saints Cluster, in the parishes of Stithians with Perran-Ar-Worthal and Gwennap. T ...

St Felicitas and St Pialas Church, Phillack

St Felicitas and St Piala’s Church, Phillack is a Grade II* listed parish church in the Church of England Diocese of Truro in Phillack, Cornwall, England, UK.

St Hermes Church, St Erme

The church was rebuilt in 1819-20 by John Foulston apart from the tower which is medieval for the Revd. Cornelius Cardew. The church was later restored in 1906. The tower was restored with new floors and beams and a new lead roof, and the pinnacl ...

St Julittas Church, St Juliot

St Julittas Church, St Juliot is a Grade II* listed parish church in the Church of England Diocese of Truro in St Juliot, Cornwall.

St Lauds Church, Mabe

The Church of Saint Laudus is an active parish church in Mabe, Cornwall, England, UK, originally built in the 15th century and dedicated to the sixth-century Saint Laudus of Coutances. It is part of the Church of England Diocese of Truro. Struck ...

St Marys Old Church, St Marys

St Marys Old Church, St Marys is a parish church in the Church of England located in Old Town on St Marys, Isles of Scilly, Cornwall, United Kingdom.

St Thomas the Apostle Rural

St Thomas the Apostle Rural, also known as St Thomas-by-Launceston is a civil parish in east Cornwall, England, United Kingdom. It is centred on the village of Tregadillett and is in the Registration District of Launceston. The parish lies to the ...

St Sennens Church, Sennen

The church of St. Sennen is mediaeval. A visit by members of the Penzance Natural History and Antiquarian Society on their annual excursion in August 1893 resulted in a translation of a Latin inscription on a stone at the base of the font as ″ In ...

St Cyricius and St Juliettas Church, St Veep

The parish church was originally dedicated to Saint Veep, cruciform in design and in 1269 belonged to Montacute Priory. Nothing remains of the church from this period It was rebuilt in 1336, and dedicated to Saint Quiricus and Saint Julietta. Wes ...

Tregarden

Tregarden is a Grade II* listed large house built by the Barrett family in the late 16th century in the parish of St Mabyn, Cornwall, England. The house is built in traditional e-shaped plan of the Elizabethan. The entrance arch is dated 1631, th ...

Trelissic Walbert

It was the birthplace of the academic William Paynter, who was Vice-Chancellor of Oxford University in 1698 and 1699. A relative of William was James Paynter, who in 1715 he took an active part in proclaiming James Francis Edward Stuart the Old P ...

St Gregorys Church, Treneglos

The parish was in the 12th century in the possession of Robert Fitz-William, Lord of Downinney also Downeckney, who gave it to the priory of Tywardreath. Warbstow was then a chapelry dependent on Treneglos, the two benefices were later combined a ...

Treverbyn Vean

Commissioned by Colonel Charles Cocks, the house was constructed between 1858 and 1862. The house has an exterior designed by George Gilbert Scott and an interior by William Burges. It is a Grade II* listed building as at 5 November 1987. Externa ...

Tullimaar House

Tullimaar House is a mansion just east of Perranarworthal in west Cornwall, England, United Kingdom, it is not visible from the main A39 Falmouth to Truro road, and stands in private grounds. However, the white gate forming the entrance to the pr ...

St Werburghs Church, Warbstow

The church is in a joint parish with St Gennys’ Church, St Gennys. St James Church, Jacobstow. St Annes Church, Whitstone. St Winwaloes Church, Poundstock. Our Lady and St Anne’s Church, Widemouth Bay. St Gregorys Church, Treneglos. St Mary the V ...

Coney Island, Lough Neagh

Coney Island is an island in Lough Neagh, Northern Ireland. It is situated approximately 1 km from Maghery in County Armagh, is thickly wooded and of nearly 9 acres in area. It lies between the mouths of the River Blackwater and the River Bann in ...

Crom Estate

The Crom Estate is a nature reserve located in the south of County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland, along the shores of Upper Lough Erne. It is one of three estates owned and managed by the National Trust in County Fermanagh, the others being Florenc ...

Murlough Nature Reserve

Murlough Nature Reserve lies on the coast of County Down in Northern Ireland, situated close to Newcastle. It has views of Slieve Donard, the highest peak in the Mourne Mountains and Dundrum Bay. Its 6.000-year-old sand dune system has been manag ...

Mussenden Temple and Downhill Demesne

The Mussenden Temple and Downhill Demesne is a National Trust property consisting of Downhill Castle and its estate, which includes the Mussenden Temple.

Roe Estuary Nature Reserve

Roe Estuary Nature Reserve is a protected area in Aghanloo, County Londonderry, Northern Ireland. It is located at the southeast bank of Lough Foyle at the mouth of the River Roe, roughly 6 km north of the market town of Limavady. The estuary is ...

White Park Bay

White Park Bay is a bay and three-mile long beach located near Ballycastle, County Antrim on the north coast of Northern Ireland, along the Giant’s Causeway Coastal Route. Sheep and cattle graze the hills and beach along the bay, which has been u ...

Black Hill (South Lanarkshire)

The Black Hill in South Lanarkshire is owned by the National Trust for Scotland. It overlooks the Clyde Valley, and is the location of a burial cairn from the Bronze Age and an Iron Age fortress. The hill is 2 km 3 km to the East of Blackwood and ...

Dollar Glen

Dollar Glen is a small glen owned by the National Trust for Scotland. It is located in the Ochils that dramatically mark the Highland fault. It is near the town of Alloa, Scotland in the county of Clackmannanshire. It is popular with walkers and ...

Falls of Glomach

The Falls of Glomach, in Ross-shire, Scotland, is one of the tallest waterfalls in Britain, with a drop of 113 m. Waterfall the boundaries of the world, donated to the national trust for Scotland in 1944 and subsequently incorporating West Africa ...

Gladstones Land

Gladstones Land is a surviving 17th-century high-tenement house situated in the Old Town of the city of Edinburgh, Scotland. It has been restored and furnished by the National Trust for Scotland, and is operated as a popular tourist attraction. " ...

Linn of Tummel

Linn of Tummel is a 19-hectare woodland property at the confluence of the rivers Garry and Tummel, near Pitlochry in Perthshire, Scotland. It is owned and maintained by the National Trust for Scotland, and is adjacent to the Trusts property at Ki ...

Provan Hall

Provan Hall is a historic place composed of two buildings built about the 15th century and situated in Auchinlea Park, Easterhouse, Glasgow. It is owned by the National Trust for Scotland and managed by Glasgow City Council. The two parallel buil ...

Shieldaig Island

Shieldaig Island is an island in Loch Shieldaig, in the council area of Highland, Scotland. It is located 0.25 miles from Shieldaig. Its area is 13 hectares and its 134 feet high. Shieldaig Island has been the property of the National Trust for S ...

Strome Castle

Strome Castle is a ruined castle on the shore of Loch Carron in Stromemore, 3.5 miles south-west of the village of Lochcarron, on the headland between Loch Carron and Loch Kishorn, on the west coast of the Scottish Highlands.

Torridon Hills

The Torridon Hills surround Torridon village in the Northwest Highlands of Scotland. The name is usually applied to the mountains to the north of Glen Torridon. They are among the most dramatic and spectacular peaks in the British Isles and made ...

Box Hill School

Box Hill School is an independent coeducational boarding and day school situated in the village of Mickleham near Dorking, Surrey, England. The school has approximately 425 pupils aged 11–18. The school has a 70% day student:30% boarding student ...

Interscholastic Association of Southeast Asian Schools

The Interscholastic Association of Southeast Asian Schools is an association of six private schools in and around Southeast Asia. The member schools are International School Bangkok, International School of Kuala Lumpur, International School Mani ...

Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

The Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference is a college athletic conference which competes in NCAA Division III. All 13 of the member schools are located in Minnesota and are private institutions, with only two being non-sectarian.

Country Songs, Old and New

Side 1 "Roving Gambler" – 3:07. "Tomorrows My Wedding Day" – 2:09. "Weeping Willow" – 2:01. "Paul and Silas" – 2:26. "The Story of Charlie Lawson" – 3:03. "The Little Sparrow" – 3:31. "Drifting Too Far" – 3:27. "Turkey Knob" Eddie Adcock – 2:18. ...

Struggle (Woody Guthrie album)

Struggle is an album released by Folkways Records as a vinyl LP in 1976 and as a CD in 1990. It contains recordings by folk artist Woody Guthrie, accompanied on some of the tracks by Cisco Houston and Sonny Terry. Songs on this album are commonly ...

Alan the Dinosaur

Alan the Dinosaur is the name given to an unidentified Sauropodomorph fossil, found in Whitby in 1995, regarded as the oldest sauropod dinosaur found in the United Kingdom. It is now in the Yorkshire Museum.

Cawood sword

The Cawood sword is a medieval sword discovered in the River Ouse near Cawood in North Yorkshire in the late 19th century. The blade is of Oakeshott type XII and has inscriptions on both sides. It most likely dates to the early 12th century.

International Catholic Conference of Scouting

The International Catholic Conference of Scouting is an autonomous, international body committed to promoting and supporting Catholic Scout associations and to be a link between the Scout movement and the Catholic Church. Its headquarters is loca ...

Corpo Nacional de Escutas – Escutismo Catolico Português

The Corpo Nacional de Escutas – Escutismo Catolico Português is the largest Portuguese Scouting organization. The association was founded in 1923 and became a member of the World Organization of the Scout Movement in 1929, at present, this member ...

Baden-Powell Scouts Association

The Baden-Powell Scouts Association is a worldwide youth organisation originating in the United Kingdom, with friendly relationships with similar traditional scouting organisations in various countries. Baden-Powell Scouting focuses on the import ...

Beaver Scouts (Baden-Powell Scouts Association)

Beaver Scouts, usually referred to as Beavers, is the youngest section of Scouting operated by the Baden-Powell Scouts Association. The core age range for Beaver Scouts is five to eight years, though exceptions can be granted. Individual sections ...

Baden-Powell Service Association (Canada)

The BPSA in Canada was established in Victoria, British Columbia in 1998 as The Baden-Powell Scouts Association of Canada, rejecting the perceived modernization of the Scout method by Scouts Canada and sharing its aims with the other branches of ...

De Gule Spejdere i Danmark – Baden-Powell spejderne

The Yellow Scouts of Denmark - Baden-Powell Scouts were founded on 25 February 1984 as "Det Danske Pige- og Drenge Spejderkorps" with the aim of returning to a more traditional Scouting approach as a response to changes in the mainstream Danish S ...

Rover Scouts (Baden-Powell Scouts Association)

Rover Scouts or Rovers is the final section of the Baden-Powell Scouts Association for adults aged 18 and over. There is no upper age limit for Rover Scouts and both genders are admitted. The aim of the section is "to facilitate the growth of you ...

Scouts (Baden-Powell Scouts Association)

As with Scouts in The Scout Association, the Scout section of the BPSA is the direct descendant of the original Scout Patrols which formed in the United Kingdom in 1908. The section is open to both boys and girls between the ages of 10–15 years, ...

Senior Scouts (Baden-Powell Scouts Association)

Senior Scouts or Seniors is a section of the Baden-Powell Scouts Association for 14- to 18-year-olds. The aim of the section is to provide a flexible and active Scouting programme for adolescents, with an emphasis on personal challenge and advent ...