ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 381

Hundred of Forster

The Hundred of Forster, formerly the hundreds of Giles and Morphett, is a cadastral hundred in the County of Albert, South Australia. Settlements Forster, Purnong, and the area of claypans in the a hundred along with great southern limited locali ...

Anglican Diocese of Riverina

The Diocese of Riverina is one of 23 dioceses of the Anglican Church of Australia. The diocese covers 37% of New South Wales, including the Riverina and the far west of the state. The diocese was established in 1884 when the Diocese of Goulburn w ...

St Pauls Cathedral, Sale

St Pauls Cathedral, Sale is the cathedral church of the Anglican Diocese of Gippsland in Australia. The cathedral building, built in 1884, is a double storey building with a rectangular footprint and is constructed of red brick and slate roofing. ...

John Shorter Pty Ltd

John Shorter Pty Ltd, commonly known as Shorters, was an Australian manufacturers’ importing agency company, best known as the Australasian agent for the British ceramics firms Royal Doulton and Mintons. John Shorter Pty Ltd remained the Doulton ...

Victoria Bridge, Melbourne

The Victoria Bridge is a bridge over the Yarra River between Richmond and Hawthorn, Melbourne, Australia. It carries Victoria Street across the Yarra. The bridge is riveted and welded steel bridge Warren runs. It was completed in 1884. The bridge ...

Penguin General Cemetery

Penguin General Cemetery was gazetted a public cemetery in 1897, it overlooks the township of Penguin and the Bass Strait in Tasmania, Australia. It is situated on Main Street, a kilometre west of the town’s Post Office, on land originally owned ...

Redfern Park

Redfern Park is a heritage-listed park at Elizabeth, Redfern, Chalmers, and Phillip Streets, Redfern, City of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. It was designed by Charles ONeill. It was added to the New South Wales State Heritage Register on 21 ...

Shire of Dimboola

The Shire of Dimboola was a local government area in the Wimmera region of western Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 4.856 square kilometres, and existed from 1885 until 1995.

Shire of Gordon

The Shire of Gordon was a local government area about 245 kilometres north-northwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 2.028 square kilometres, and existed from 1885 until 1995.

St Barnabas Anglican Church, Yarramalong

St Barnabas Anglican Church is a heritage-listed former Anglican church located at Yarramalong Road, Yarramalong, in the Central Coast, New South Wales, Australia. It was built from 1889 by volunteer labour under supervision of James Bailey. The ...

St Peters Anglican Church and Glebe Cemetery

St Peters Anglican Church and Glebe Cemetery are a heritage-listed Anglican church and closed cemetery in East Maitland, New South Wales, Australia. The church is at 47 William Street while the cemetery is approximetely 1.2 km away, approximately ...

Southern Football League (South Australia)

The Southern Football League is an Australian rules football league in South Australia. The League was formed, as the Southern Football Association, in 1886. The League is a suburban competition which also acts as a feeder competition for the Sou ...

Bena, Victoria

The area was heavily timbered temperate rainforest when settlers began to arrive to take up land after a new settler-friendly Land Act was introduced by the Victorian government in 1878. The only access to the region was via McDonalds Track, a na ...

Norfolk Hotel, Fremantle

The Norfolk Hotel is located on the corner of South Terrace and Norfolk Street in Fremantle, Western Australia. The stone built hotel was originally constructed in 1887 before the 1893 Kalgoorlie gold rush for George Alfred Davies, a vintner, loc ...

Northcote Town Hall

It was designed in the Classic Revival style by George Johnson and built in 1887 as the municipal offices and council chambers for the City of Northcote.

District Council of Coglin

The District Council of Coglin was a local government area in South Australia. It came into operation on 5 January 1888 under the provisions of the District Councils Act 1887. At its inception, it comprised the Hundreds of Cavenagh, Coglin, Gumbo ...

District Council of Kadina

It was established by the District Councils Act 1887, which took effect from 5 January 1888. It comprised the former District Council of Greens Plains, which amalgamated into the new council, and the areas of the cadastral Hundreds of Moonta and ...

District Council of Redhill

The District Council of Redhill was a local government area in South Australia from 1888 to 1988. She was proclaimed on 5 Jan 1888 as one of the new councils established under the district Councils act 1887 under the name of the district Council ...

Guildford West pipehead and water supply canal

The Guildford West pipehead and water supply canal is a heritage-listed sewerage infrastructure and water supply canal located at Frank Street, Guildford in the Cumberland Council local government area of New South Wales, Australia. It is also kn ...

St Michaels Cathedral, Wollongong

St Michaels Cathedral is a heritage-listed Anglican cathedral at Church Street, Wollongong, City of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia. It is the principal Anglican church in the city of Wollongong and the mother-church of the Bishop of Wollo ...

Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Church, Randwick

The church is situated in Avoca Street, Randwick, adjacent to the commercial centre of the area. It was designed by Sheerin and Hennessy in a Gothic Revival style and built in 1888. It consists predominantly of brick with sandstone trimmings, wit ...

Shire of Arapiles

The Shire of Arapiles was a local government area in the Wimmera region of western Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 2.342.62 square kilometres, and existed from 1888 until 1995.

Zeehan

Zeehan is a town on the west coast of Tasmania, Australia 139 kilometres south-west of Burnie. It is located north of Strahan, Tasmania and Queenstown, Tasmania. In the early 1900s, he had his own Council. He is currently part of the municipality ...

Hundred of Catt

The Hundred of Catt is a cadastral hundred in the County of Way, South Australia established in 1889. It was named for Alfred Catt, member of the state parliament from 1881 to 1902. Center, a HUNDRED is 10 kilometers 6.2 miles West of Koonibba Mi ...

Hunter Baillie Memorial Presbyterian Church

The Hunter Baillie Memorial Presbyterian Church is a heritage–listed church of the Presbyterian denomination, located in the inner western Sydney suburb of Annandale, New South Wales, Australia. The Church is an example of Gothic Revival architec ...

Electoral district of Polwarth

The electoral district of Polwarth is an electoral district of the Victorian Legislative Assembly. It is located in south-west rural Victoria, west of Geelong, and covers the Colac and Corangamite local government areas, parts of the Moyne, Golde ...

Electoral district of Prahran

Prahran is an electoral district of the Legislative Assembly in the Australian state of Victoria. It was created by the Electoral Act Amendment Act 1888, taking effect at the 1889 elections. It is the states smallest electorate of 12 km² in the i ...

Shire of Sherbrooke

The Shire of Sherbrooke was a local government area about 40 kilometres east of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 191.66 square kilometres, and existed from 1963 until 1994. Its largest population c ...

Frank Cadd Building

The Frank Cadd Building also known as the Fares House, is a heritage listed building located at 33 Phillimore Street, on the corner of Henry Street in the Fremantle West End Heritage area. It was one of many commercial buildings constructed in Fr ...

Highams Buildings

Highams Buildings is a heritage listed building located at 101 High Street, on the corner of Market Street in the Fremantle West End Heritage area. It is one of many commercial buildings constructed in Fremantle during the gold boom period in the ...

Hundred of Giles

The Hundred of Giles is a cadastral hundred in the County of Kintore, South Australia on the southeastern fringe of the Nullarbor Plain. The hundred was proclaimed in 1890 by Governor Kintore and named for a contemporary member of the state parli ...

Hundred of Nash

The Hundred of Nash is a cadastral hundred in the County of Kintore, South Australia on the southeastern fringe of the Nullarbor Plain spanning Fowlers Bay. The hundred was proclaimed in 1890 by Governor Kintore and named for a contemporary membe ...

Randwick Presbyterian Church

The Randwick Presbyterian Church is a heritage-listed Presbyterian church building located at 162 Alison Road in the Sydney suburb of Randwick in the City of Randwick local government area of New South Wales, Australia. The church was designed by ...

Robert Harper Building

The former Robert Harper Building, also known as Jebsens, is a heritage-listed building located at 49 Phillimore Street, on the corner of Pakenham Street in the Fremantle West End Heritage area. It is one of many commercial buildings constructed ...

St Johns Uniting Church, Neutral Bay

St Johns Uniting Church and Pipe Organ is a heritage-listed Uniting church at Yeo Street, Neutral Bay, North Sydney Council, New South Wales, Australia. The church was built by Tafield and Collins, and the pipe organ was built by Charles Richards ...

St Peter and Pauls Old Cathedral

St Peter and Pauls Old Cathedral is a heritage-listed former Catholic cathedral and now parish church at 42 Verner Street, Goulburn, Goulburn Mulwaree Council, New South Wales, Australia. It was designed by Andrea Stombuco and Charles Spadacini a ...

Shire of Mildura

The Shire of Mildura was a local government area located at the northwestern corner of Victoria, Australia, on the Murray River and the South Australian border. The shire covered an area of 10.145 square kilometres, and existed from 1890 until 19 ...

Trinity Uniting Church, Strathfield

The Trinity Uniting Church is a heritage-listed Uniting church located at 62 The Boulevarde, in the Sydney suburb of Strathfield in the Municipality of Burwood local government area of New South Wales, Australia. It was designed by George Sydney ...

Wesley Church, Albany

Wesley Church is a Uniting Church located on Duke Street overlooking Princess Royal Harbour in Albany in the Great Southern region of Western Australia. Originally known as the Methodist Church was built in late Victorian style in 1890 for £2.695 ...

Hundred of Howe

The Hundred of Howe is a cadastral unit of hundred located in the Mid North of South Australia in the approach to the lower Flinders Ranges. It is one of the hundreds of the County of Victoria and lies to the north of the town of Crystal Brook, S ...

Metropolitan Fire Brigade (Melbourne)

The Metropolitan Fire Brigade, also known as the Metropolitan Fire and Emergency Services Board, is one of the several fire services in Victoria, Australia. The others include Country Fire Authority, the Department of Environment, Land, Water, an ...

St Pauls Anglican Church, Burwood

St Pauls Anglican Church and Pipe Organ is a heritage-listed Anglican church building and pipe organ located at 205 Burwood Road in the Sydney suburb of Burwood in the Municipality of Burwood local government area of New South Wales, Australia. T ...

Shire of Kaniva

The Shire of Kaniva was a local government area in the Wimmera region of western Victoria, Australia, near the South Australian town of Bordertown. The shire covered an area of 3.082.11 square kilometres, and existed from 1891 until 1995.

Anglican Diocese of Rockhampton

The Anglican Diocese of Rockhampton, also known as Anglican Church Central Queensland, is a diocese in the Province of Queensland and one of the 23 dioceses of the Anglican Church of Australia. The diocese covers an area of approximately 57 milli ...

Scots Uniting Church

Scots Uniting Church, originally known as the Scots Presbyterian Church, is a church in Albany in the Great Southern region of Western Australia. The Church is located on York street, the main street through the centre of Albany. Its almost the o ...

Westpac Bank Building, Fremantle

The former Westpac Building, also known as the Challenge Bank Building and the Western Australian Bank Building, is a heritage listed building located at 22 High Street on the corner with Mouat Street in the Fremantle West End Heritage area. It w ...

Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park

Eastern Suburbs Memorial Park is a cemetery and crematorium at Matraville, New South Wales, in the eastern suburbs district of Sydney, Australia. Land was dedicated as a cemetery site in 1888, with the first interment recorded on 21 August 1893. ...

Holland Track

The Holland Track, also known as the John Holland Way, is a bush track between Broomehill and Coolgardie in Western Australia. The total length of about 700 kilometres 435 Mi trail passes through parts of the great southern, Wheatbelt and Goldfie ...

Port Adelaide Cricket Club

Port Adelaide Cricket Club is cricket club in Adelaide, South Australia. Its home oval is the Port Reserve, Port Adelaide. The club was founded in 1893. Port Adelaide played in the South Australian League class cricket since 1897.

Shire of Swan Hill

The Shire of Swan Hill was a local government area in north-western Victoria, Australia, along the Murray River. The shire covered an area of 6.550 square kilometres, and existed from 1893 until 1995. From 1939 onwards, Swan Hill itself was manag ...