ⓘ Adkisson SJ-1 Head Skinner

                                     

ⓘ Adkisson SJ-1 Head Skinner

Earl "Skeezix" and Jerry Adkisson, two brothers at Tuscola airport, joined the Experimental Aircraft Association EAA in 1955 and began gathering material for their construction project in the Autumn of that year. Their aircraft would be patterned after the P.Z.L. P.24, a popular Polish gull-winged fighter aircraft of World War II.

Using wings from 1946 Luscombe 8, cut and re-formed into a gull-wing configuration, cockpit and fuselage were made of steel pipes. In a Luscombe tailcone was attached to the back of a steel tube frame, and standard Luscombe tail surfaces were fitted, with their tips are angular. Spring-steel main landing gear was taken from a Cessna. The planned engine was 125 to 145 HP 93 to 108 kW radial engine, Warner, but settled for a 65 HP 48 kW continental A65 driving a Beech-Roby rotor pitch during initial setup.

                                     
  • Church shooting See also Adkisson SJ - 1 Head Skinner single - seater gull - wing sports plane built 1957 by Earl and Jerry Adkisson Von Erich family, professional
  • Aircraft RV - 3. O - 290 - 1 Identical to the O - 290 - B O - 290 - 3 Identical to the O - 290 - C O - 290 - 11 Identical to the O - 290 - D Adkisson SJ - 1 Head Skinner Aerocar Aero Commander