ⓘ ANEC IV

                                     

ⓘ ANEC IV

The ANEC IV biplane was designed by John Bewsher for the 1926 Lympne light aircraft trial for two seaters fitted with engines of less than 170 lb. It did not make the competition as the undercarriage collapsed in a taxiing accident. In 1927 the only aircraft built registered G-EBPI was sold to a private owner who replaced the original Blackburne Thrush radial engine with an Armstrong Siddeley Genet II engine. The owner was killed and the aircraft destroyed while competing in the 1928 Kings Cup Race.