ⓘ Avia B-534
The Avia B-534 is a Czechoslovak biplane developed and manufactured by aviation company Avia. It was produced during the period between the First World War and the Second World War. The B-534 was perhaps one of the most well-known Czechoslovakian aircraft of the era.
In 1932 work was started on development of the new aircraft the single-engine fighter biplane, the Avia B-34, which was designed by aeronautical engineer Frantisek Novotny. In the course of its development, there have been various alternative engines were considered and tested before we settled on a license-built Hispano-Suiza 12 years living engine. Other improvements at the prototype stage, in particular, accepted in the cabin along with a revised tail and undercarriage mechanism. On April 14, 1934, the second prototype, while piloted by test pilot V. Koci, successfully reached the Czechoslovak national speed record of 365.7 kilometres per hour 227.2 km / h. deliveries of production aircraft for the Czechoslovak air force began in October 1935.
Partly as a result of his impressive agility, as well as some operators continue to support the established preference to the biplane configuration, the incoming generation of monoplane fighters, that would only prove to surpass them, the B-534 has remained in production for a considerable period 1933-1939. At the end of the 1930-ies, Czechoslovakia seeks to expand production in response to the German claims to the Sudetenland, the Western border of Czechoslovakia. Large numbers of the type saw combat with several Nations during the Second world war. While relatively ineffective in the fight in the latter stages of the war due to obsolescence, the type accounts for a significant part of the country some military aircraft components.