ⓘ Albatros L 77v

                                     

ⓘ Albatros L 77v

The Albatros L 77v was a German tandem two-seat reconnaissance fighter biplane, four examples of which were built under license for Albatros Flugzeugwerke by Ernst Heinkel Flugzeugwerke in 1928. Based upon the L 76 Aeolus reconnaissance trainer, the aircraft was powered by a 450 kW BMW VI 5.5 water-cooled V12 engine.

As L-76, L 77v was lined welded steel fuselage and wooden double spar wing with plywood skins supported by n-type struts. He was armed with two 7.92 mm. 312 in the machine in the main forward-firing positions and the third ring mounting in rear cockpit.

Three of the aircraft saw service performing armament trials in Lipetsk in the USSR, including aircraft testing a free mounting 20 mm cannons. The fourth plane was destroyed during tests in March 1929. From December of 1929 and his retirement in October 1931, the survivors l 77vs was based on stake test center Erprobungsstelle.